Adopting the Cluster25 Threat Intelligence platform the governmental security agencies improve their ability to gather intelligence and prevent threats to national security. Part of their mission is to monitor and counter cyber threats that can compromise national security and the operation of essential services. The Cluster25 platform enables them to:
- Collect and analyze data from open-source sources, such as social media, websites, blogs, forums, and online communication platforms.
- Identify and track the activities and networks of malicious actors, such as hackers, terrorists, organized criminals, and hostile states.
- Produce and disseminate finished intelligence and threat assessment reports to policy makers and other relevant agencies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other national and international intelligence and security agencies.
- Prevent and respond to cyber-attacks against critical infrastructure and national security threats.
Cluster25 collections cover highly targeted and curated sources that in this way help counter national security threats.
The pandemic has led to a 600% increase in attacks against large and small hotels, restaurants, and other companies, forcing businesses to prioritize cyber risk management. This is especially true now that business trips are resuming and work from anywhere policies are being adopted by companies worldwide. Guests are increasingly concerned about the security of the Wi-Fi they use to connect to corporate assets while working remotely.
The hospitality industry is an enticing target for criminals mainly due to their databases, which store gigabytes of sensitive customer data, including Payment Card Information (PCI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Hackers view this as a lucrative assault vector for crimes such as identity theft and credit card fraud. Besides, the spike in lateral movement attacks has shown that hackers are turning unprotected networks into gateways for targeted attacks on businesses.
With regards to share of incidents, hospitality ranked third, with 13% of cybersecurity breaches taking place within this industry.
- Trustwave Global Security Report 2020
The consequences of such security incidents range from reputational damage to millions due in insurance payments, mitigation measures, and ransoms. Therefore, investing in proper data security can benefit both the consumer, as well as the business from loosing profits.
We provides the necessary context and actionable intelligence to detect potential threats and bolster cybersecurity measures, leveraging data, insights and automation.